For the first time sewing machine users, threading can seem overwhelming. However, after knowing how to thread a sewing machine, you will find it becoming a habit and simpler every time.
Guide on Threading A Sewing Machine Needle
Threading a sewing machine can seem harder than the project itself. The good news is that it is much similar to most sewing machines. Below are some helpful tips on how to thread a sewing machine. Once you lose your machine manuals or purchase a second-hand machine, these tips will help a lot.
💡 Importance of Sewing Machine and their Components
Today’s sewing machines are equipped with state of the art features and are very versatile. They can make different stitches. For each stitch, a special needle is used. This is why sewing machines today are used both for household and commercial sewing.
An automatic sewing machine is very versatile and used to make unique patterns and decorative seams. Also, it is used for seaming pillow covers, curtains, and many. It is very versatile to the extent that it gets rid of many sewing tools, so the stitching is just a breeze.
Thread and needle are two key components of a sewing machine. Allowing a thread through the eye of the needle is a hard process, most especially for seniors, and it takes a lot of time. Also, it causes so much strain on your eyes. Threading a needle is the main issue for those with weak vision.
The process of threading a sewing machine, most especially in the conventional type, was a little bit chaotic. However, due to the latest development in this machine, the whole thing is now easier and simpler.
A sewing machine plays a vital role in the life of everyone. It sews fabrics, cloths, curtain and many other things which come in handy in our life. There are specific tools and methods needed for flawless and successful sewing. Needle threading is considered the first and maybe the essential part of the sewing process.
💡 Why Threading Is Very Important
As mentioned above, threading is a vital process in sewing. It refers to the process of getting rid of the thread in the eye of the needle. Proper and precise threading helps in fast and easy sewing. Creating unique patterns and decorative styles become comfortable due to the appropriate threading. Modern sewing machines come in various sizes, shapes, as well as models. On the other hand, stitches used the same standard. One thread comes from the bobbin, and the other thread is from the needle to create stitches. For the right execution, the threading should be done in the right way. If you don’t follow the right technique in threading, the whole process of sewing will go to waste as it will be done and executed perfectly.
💡 Threading a Sewing Machine Using Old or Outdated Method
Decades ago, needle threading was done manually. Sewers do the threading by using these steps:
- First and foremost, the end of the thread is pinched in order to compress it.
- Thread is taken near to the needle
- Thread travels in the eye of the needle
The worst thing about this technique is that it is stressful and requires focus and concentration. This is particularly hard for those with issues in vision.
💡 Needle Threading With Electric Sewing Machine
- The initial step in threading through the electric sewing machine is by holding in the presser foot in an upward position. The foot is lifted with the support of a lever. Thread guide is utilized for easy threading. With the assistance of the integrated spool holder, the thread is directed in the thread guides.
- Each machine comes with a tension mechanism to alter the tension on the thread. Its mechanism is worked with the assistance of the level while the thread tension is altered through the lever or by the button. The thread is taken down to the tension adjustment and is put between the tension mechanism metal disks and then return to the needle.
- The take-up system offers linear movement to the needle. Then the thread is pas through this system, and it helps in fast and easy threading. When these steps are executed precisely, the thread travels to the eye of the needle and threading is done.
- The auto-needle threader makes the process of threading comfortable and stress-free. While threading using an auto-needle threader, the thread is placed at the highest location prior to starting the process of threading.
- The integrated presser foot works linearly and helps a lot in stitching. This part is put in the lowest possible position.
- When done, the thread is fastened on the thread guide, which is utilized for fast and easy threading. Then, the auto-needle threader is lowered. Once the needle threader is totally lowered, the thread travels in the eye of the needle.
- Take the thread out from the needle
- When done, pull out the thread in the needle and the increase the level of the pressure foot
- Pull out the thread in the eye of the needle
- The thread is taken out behind the presser foot
💡 Easy Sewing Tips and Guides
Sewing requires skill and focus in order to obtain the best results. For the first time, sewers, here are some of the tips and tricks in order to have a successful stitching. Make sure to follow these guides very carefully.
Prior to using the machine, make sure that it is cleaned. You must also oil the parts in order to avoid malfunctioning. Maintenance plays a vital role in the results of stitching and to boost the lifespan of the machine. A machine that is well-maintained lasts, and the process of sewing is done perfectly and flawlessly. This also gets rid of stress.
At first, sewing must be carried out slowly. You can try some seams on scraps in order to make sure that the threading is carried in a right manner. Threading at high speed can lead to the coming out of the thread.
Once the needle is threaded rightly, the sewing machine will function rightly. You must bear in mind that the thread utilized for sewing must be superior and high quality. A poor or low-quality thread can have a negative effect on sewing.
Make sure to adjust the tension to avoid uneven stitching. A lot of sewing machines today are equipped with tension adjustment buttons that help in easily and stress-free adjusting of the tension.
The needle may work or break inefficiently once utilized for a long span of time. It must be changed time after time for fast threading and accurate sewing process.
✔️ To Sum Up
Threading plays a vital role in a successful sewing process. If not followed the right way, it can affect the process of sewing harmfully. So, every sewer skilled or newbie must know the proper way of threading a sewing machine. A modern sewing machine was made to lessen the time needed for manual sewing. The old type of machine has a complex threading procedure. Today’s sewing machine comes with a stress-free and easy threading process. If done in the right way, it provides superb and amazing results.
The process of needle threading is essential. It may take so much time in some sewing machines, but it has become faster in the newest models of machine. It would help if you gave more time on threading to acquire the best possible outcomes.